ZED-12FX is ideal for groups who need to travel light. Even with its small footprint, the 12FX squeezes in 4 auxiliary channels and swept semi-parametric EQ on top of the already impressive feature set including configurable USB audio in/out makes it easy to capture stereo recordings.
ZED series of mixers from Allen & Heath is great for live mixing! Their layout makes them very easy to use and the 100mm faders give much better control of the mix compared to most products at a similar price.
They are also great for recording, either a live show or an audio project at home can be built up track by track and studio monitor speakers can be fed from the Alt Outputs. ZED mixers are also ideal for teaching establishments, houses of worship, hotels and conference centres where their ease of use and robust qualities make them a top choice.
With a manufacturing history that stretches over four decades, ALLEN & HEATH has established a sterling reputation as one of the world’s finest manufacturers of DJ mixers and studio mixing decks, utilizing cutting-edge technology, advanced techniques and the highest quality components. All ALLEN & HEATH products are designed in Cornwall, England, with manufacturing split between ALLEN & HEATH’S UK factory and a production facility in China. ALLEN & HEATH products are an absolute must have for any serious DJ, musician or studio engineer.
Please note, RIOTSOUND is an AUTHORIZED ALLEN & DEALER as well as a direct partner of ALLEN & HEATH USA. Every ALLEN & HEATH product we sell comes factory sealed and includes an original factory warranty. With nearly a decade of pro-audio retail experience, at RIOTSOUND we offer you the expertise, commitment and attentive customer service to make sure you will be 100% satisfied with your purchase, each and every time. Please shop with confidence and peace of mind.
Shop with an AUTHORIZED ALLEN & HEATH DEALER and receive a 1 year warranty on your item:
All Allen & Heath products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for period of one year from the date of purchase by the original owner for all products purchased from an Authorized Allen & Heath Dealer. Should your item malfunction as a result of faulty materials or workmanship, Allen & Heath will repair the defect(s) or replace the merchandise
ALLEN & HEATH ZED-12FX FEATURES:
SONAR LE – PROVIDED FREE!
We’ve included Cakewalk SONAR LE with this ZED mixer so you can start recording your own music today with the most complete introductory music production software for Windows PC. Based on Cakewalk’s award-winning SONAR X3 digital audio workstation, SONAR LE has been enhanced with cutting-edge instruments, effects, and creative tools to make creating your own music as simple and intuitive as possible, no matter what your experience level. You can use SONAR LE and your ZED mixer together in many ways – e.g. straightforward recording of a stereo mix, recording tracks individually to build up a song, or using the USB port and software as an effects loop.
ZED-12FX has an essential selection of 16 time-delay effects. Our DSP engineers worked hard, crafting and refining beautiful reverb algorithms to enhance every performance. These effects are available nowhere else at this price point – this quality and integration is only available from the ZED-FX.
ZED effects are easily controlled using 3 buttons with 9 display LEDs. For example, the ideal delay time can be quickly tapped-in, or the perfect amount of reverb on the lead vocal can be dialled-in. There is one-stop navigation and editing – in fact, it’s just as easy as using effects pedals. To alter effects parameters, the TAP button is held down and the up/down buttons pressed to adjust the specific parameter for that effect, for example, the decay length on PLATE, or the depth on CHORUS.
MIC / LINE PRE-AMPS:
Based on the pre-amps from the PA series, the ZED-12FX pre-amps use a two stage design, with carefully controlled amounts of gain in each stage. When amplifying the signal from the XLR input, the gain range is huge (69dB of range to be exact) and is very evenly distributed around the gain control, meaning better control of signal level. Most of the gain comes from the first stage, so unwanted noise is kept to a minimum. There is no “pad” switch, or pad circuit — line level signals are simply plugged into the second stage of the pre-amp by using the line input jack socket. This has the great advantage of lower noise when using the line input. (It is common to attenuate line level signals, the amplify them back up again which can give more noise or hiss).
MONO and STEREO CHANNELS:
One of the great things about the ZED series is the number and variety of things you can plug in. In addition to the mono channels there are three stereo channels, each with a main stereo input on jack sockets, two of them have the ability to take additional stereo inputs from phono sockets, the third can take the USB audio input. Flexibility gives you control.
Getting audio to and from a computer easily is now a common requirement for live sound and music production. The way we have implemented this on ZED is super-flexible and super-easy! No longer do you need to fiddle around the back of your computer to get to the soundcard inputs, only to find that the levels are all wrong and noisy. Just plug in a USB lead to your ZED, select the USB routing on the mixer and the device on your computer and that’s it! Quality audio to and from your PC or MAC.
– 6 mono and 6 stereo inputs
– Pro-quality easy to use stereo mixer
– Internal Universal Power Supply
– Rugged design and build, professional sound
– 4 Aux busses for effects, holdback and recording
– USB connection for recording, playback and software FX
– 16 on-board digital FX with parameter control and tap tempo
FULL FEATURES LIST:
– 6 mono channels
– 3 stereo channels with 2-band EQ and inputs for extra sources
– 16 internal time-delay effects
– Neutrik mic XLR
– Neutrik 1/4 inch jacks
– Channel insert
– Super wide gain “DuoPre” mic line input
– 3 band EQ with MusiQ
– 2 pre-fade Aux sends
– 1 post-fade Aux sens
– 1 internal FX send
– Illuminated mute
– Sound image pan
– Illuminated PFL & peak warning indicator
– ALPS 100mm faders
– Stereo returns & playback
– All inputs with level control
– 12 bar meters
– Mono / stereo function of axes 1&2
– Monitor output section
– Alt stereo output source
– Configurable USB stereo audio in / out
– Cakewalk SONAR LE bundled with mixer
– Rack ears available
ALLEN & HEATH ZED-12FX TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
– Mono channel (XLR) Input: +6 to –63dBu for nominal (+17dBu in max)
– Mono channel Line Input: (Jack socket): +10 to –26dBu (+30dBu maximum)
– Insert point (TRS Jack socket): 0dBu nominal +21dBu maximum
– Stereo Input (Jack sockets): 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
– Stereo input (phono sockets): 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
– L, R & Mono Outputs (L&R XLR, Mono Jack): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
– Aux Outputs (Jack sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
– Alt Outputs (phono sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
– Rec Outputs (phono sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
– Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 30dB gain: +0.5/-1dB 20Hz to 20kHz
– Line in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain: +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz
– Stereo in to Mix L/R out: +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz
– Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 0dB gain 1kHz +10dBu out: 0.004%
– Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 30dB gain 1kHz: 0.014%
– Line in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain 0dBu 1kHz: 0.005%
– Stereo in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain +10dBu 1kHz: 0.003%
– Analogue headroom from nominal (0Vu): 21dB
– USB in & out headroom from nominal (0Vu): 14dB
– Mic Pre EIN @ max gain 150R input Z 22-22kHz: -127dBu
– Mix L/R out, L/R faders = 0, 22-22kHz ZED-12FX: -88dBu
– Mix L/R out, L/R faders = 0, 22-22kHz ZED-22FX: -84dBu
– Mix L/R out, L/R faders = 0, 22-22kHz ZED-16FX: -86dBu
USB AUDIO CODEC (CODER / DECODER):
– USB Audio In / Out: USB 1.1 compliant 16bit
– Sample Rate: 32, 44.1 or 48kHz