Description of the TH900MK2 from the official Fostex website:
Model TH900 mk2 is the second generation of the TH900, one of the most renowned premium dynamic headphones in the market, which newly features detachable connectors for replacement of the standard unbalanced cable (equivalent to model ET-H3.0N7UB). The optional balanced cable, model ET-H3.0N7BL will also be sold separately to meet growing demands for balanced connection with various headphone amps offering balanced 4-pin XLR out.
Please note, RIOTSOUND is an AUTHORIZED FOSTEX DEALER as well as a direct partner of FOSTEX USA. Every FOSTEX product we sell comes factory sealed and includes an original factory warranty. With nearly a decade of pro-audio retail experience, at RiotSound we offer you the expertise, commitment and attentive customer service to make sure you will be 100% satisfied with your purchase, each and every time. Please shop with confidence and peace of mind.
FOSTEX TH-900 MK2 FEATURES:
- New detachable connectors for cable replacement. Optional balanced cable, model ET-H3.0N7BL is also available for balanced connection
- Unique designed Neodymium magnetic circuit adopting the magnetic repulsion system with 1.5 tesla (15,000 gauss) magnetic flux density to achieve wider dynamic range
- The detachable unbalanced cable is made of 7N grade (99.99999%) OFC and highly durable duralumin plug case
- Proprietary “Biodyna” diaphragm for fine and high resolution sound reproduction
- The housings are finished by Japanese traditional “Urushi” lacquer by a 110 years old artisan group in “Bordeaux” finish on Japanese Cherry Birch.
- The ear pads are made of protein leather made from eggshell membrane for maximum comfort.
- Biodyna diaphragm is made by Bio-cellulose fiber featuring low specific gravity, high Yang’s modulus and high internal loss at the same time to achieve 2 times high propagation velocity and 5 times high rigidity against the conventional plastic film based driver unit.
FOSTEX TH-900 MK2 TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
- Accessory: Headphone stand, Tone leather pouch
- Type: Closed Dynamic
- Driver: 50mm dia Nd magnet / bio Dinah diaphragm
- Impedance: 25 ohm
- Sensitivity: 100dB / (at 1kHz, 1mW)
- Maximum Input: 1,800 mW
- Reproduction Frequency: 5 – 45kHz
- Weight: 390g (excluding the cord)
- Cord: 3m Y type 7N-OFC (removable)
- Plug: 6.3mm dia gold coating stereo phone plug