Description of the Decade from the official Lehmann Audio website:
Lehmann audio is has built a reputation and unrivalled customer satisfaction on the sound and build quality of phono stages. The ambitious Decade effectively fills the gap between the Black Cube SE II and the Lehmannaudio reference phono stage, the Silver Cube. In the Decade, like in all Lehmannaudio devices, top notch technology is used that normally can be found only in price ranges far above.
The input stages of the Decade can also be found in top notch mixing consoles and high class microphone preamps of professional studio electronics. The highly accurate, passive RIAA equalisation network is placed between two linear gain stages and uses precision MKP capacitors. This results in a very stable soundstage reproduction and pin point localisation of instruments.
The maximum gain of 66 dB is well enough for even very exotic low output MC cartridges. Impedance load adaption is practically infinite as with all Lehmannaudio phono stages: there is a free slot for a custom impedance so that every existing MC cartridge on the market can be loaded properly. Input capacitances are adjustable as well.
The Decade is the first phono stage by Lehmannaudio that offers a “Soft-Bass- Rolloff-Filter” and gain selections accessible via toggle switches at the face plate. Both, gain and filter functions, are executed by studio grade relais inside the unit.
The Decade is powered by the PWX II, a power supply especially developed for the unit which is downward compatible with the PWX. This means that Black Cube audio sections can also be connected. The second power outlet at the PWX II is made especially for that purpose. The PWX II power supply with chokes at critical places powers the Decade with very clean DC power and – like the Silver Cube – is connected to the audio section via a shielded cable with Neutrik XLR plugs.
“A good phono preamp is the endeavour to reconcile a wealth of requirements; in the Black Cube Decade the combination of practical features, professional design and a technically correct, yet extremely exciting sound quality has worked out perfectly.”
– LP Magazine
The Decade virtually sends a challenge for a pickup comparison as it meticulously sticks by its specifications.
– Image Hifi
Please note, RIOTSOUND is an AUTHORIZED LEHMANN DEALER as well as a direct partner of LEHMANN AUDIO. Every LEHMANN AUDIO product we sell comes factory sealed and includes an original factory warranty. With nearly a decade of pro-audio retail experience, at MILLENNIUM WORLDWIDE we offer you the expertise, commitment and attentive customer service to make sure you will be 100% satisfied with your purchase, each and every time. Please shop with confidence and peace of mind.
LEHMANN AUDIO DECADE FEATURES:
– Front switchable 36-66dB gain (4 settings)
– Configurable loading 47k, 1000 Ohm, 100 Ohm
– Custom hard wire loading slot
– Upgraded newest generation preamp chip
– Zero feedback Class-A output stage
– High quality double sided PCB
– Toroidal PWX II power supply
– Gold plated RCA and Neutrik Connectors
LEHMANN AUDIO DECADE TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
– Input Stage: Dual mono Microphone preamp Chip newest generation
– Gain settings: 36 dB, 46 dB, 56 dB, 66 dB
– Max. gain: 66 dB
– Internal impedances (selectable): 47 k, 1 k, 100 R
– Onboard slot for custom impedance: ✓ yes
– Internal input capacitance and cap type: 47 p, 100 p, 220p, 1 n KP 1 % and combinations (47 p always active)
– Soft Bass Rolloff filter: ✓ yes / toggle switch on face plat
– High Gain: ✓ yes / toggle switch on face plate
– RIAA filter caps: MKP
– Bass coupling after RIAA: MKP
– Second gain stage: Dual Mono Burr Brown OPA 134
– DC-Output jumper: ✓ yes (Bipolar Class A)
– Discrete Output buffer Zero global feedback
– Output capacitor: N.A.
– Power supply features on audio board: LC Pi-Filter / RC-Filters with extensive electrolytic bypass
Shop with an AUTHORIZED LEHMANN AUDIO dealer and receive a 2 year warranty on your item.
Lehmann Audio will repair all Lehmann Audio electronic devices without cost for parts and labor for the customer. Please register your product within 20 days after purchase to benefit from this extended two year warranty. Don’t forget to register at LehmannAudio.com